Surveillance, Exploration, Reconnaissance, Targeting SERT System
The SERT system is a family of fully integrated multi-purpose sub-systems that equip the vehicle that installs it with ISR (Intelligence, Surveillance and Recognition) capabilities. The sub-systems include:
- Battlefield surveillance and target location system.
- Defence (self-protection) system.
- Navigation and night driving aiding system.
- Battlefield Management System (BMS).
The flexibility of these sub-systems allows them to adapt to any type of vehicle and mission, such as:
- Mission of exploration, surveillance and reconnaissance of the battlefield with target acquisition capacity (Detection, Identification and Localization) using Electro-Optical and Radar sensors.
- Observation mission and management of mortar, artillery and aerial firepower.
- Intelligence mission, by obtaining, classifying and processing battlefield images.
- Border surveillance and control mission.
Among its main characteristics, are:
- Integratable with existing customer systems without compromising mission requirements.
- Operating capacity in low or no visibility conditions (visible and infrared).
- Accuracy in the own positioning and of the targets of interest in the battlefield with cartographic location.
- Integration of the different sub-systems with each other and with the Battlefield Management System, which allows full integration within the Unit, with other Units and with the Command and Control Post.
- Integratable in any existing or new land (wheeled or tracked) or marine vehicles (river or coastal).
Currently, the following different SERT versions are available:
- Artillery Advanced Observer.
- Cavalry Exploration.
- Intelligence or Scout.
- Border Surveillance.