Support to Norwegian frigates
Navantia has signed an agreement with the Norwegian Logistics Agency for Defense (NDLO), a FOTS agreement (Follow on Technical Support) to support the Nansen class (F-310) Norwegian frigates life cycle.
Currently, as a designer, builder and developer of the systems of these frigates, result of an evolution of the F-100 project, Navantia provides several services, including:
- Maintenance and development of the IPMS (Integrated Platform Management System) new features
- Performance of obsolescence reports about Systems and their components
- Spare parts supply and element repair
- Technical assistance for scheduled maintenance tasks, especially in propulsion systems
- Design and on-site implementation of new functionalities
- Management of design databases
Navantia develops these tasks with a high degree of customer satisfaction in terms of quality and compliance with deadlines, as a result of which the initial agreement signed in 2013 has been renewed in 2017 for a similar period of time.
It also provides support to the life cycle of the 5 frigates of the Spanish Navy and support activities for the 3 Australian DDGs (AWD).