Fire Control System DORNA
The main objective of the DORNA Fire Control System (FCS) is to neutralize a threat through detection, identification, search and tracking with ballistic prediction, weapons control and engagement with the assigned weapons. DORNA is a global solution, tested and fully developed by Navantia that fulfills all the missions and functionalities that may be required of a FCS.
Among these missions are:
- Anti-Aircraft Warfare (AAW)
- Anti-Surface Warfare (ASuW)
- Asymmetric Warfare
- Naval Gun Fire Support (NGFS)
- Surveillance and recognition
- Search and rescue support
- Warning shot
- Aid to navigation
- Tactical functions (such as a reduced CMS)
- Integrated training
- Integrated maintenance aids
Within the DORNA family we can find:
- DORNA E-O FCS, a compact, fast and highly accurate Electro-Optical (E-O) fire control system that includes a TV camera, InfraRed camera and eye-safe Laser RangeFinder as well as providing a reliable defense against any threat.
- DORNA RE-O FCS, which adds a tracking radar to the E-O version.
- The Mod 3A FCS versions (for DORNA E-O and DORNA RE-O versions), currently in production, are the state-of-the-art weapons control systems for high accuracy and availability fire solutions.