Forefront of Technology
Navantia Sistemas cuenta con más de cuarenta años de experiencia en fabricación, overhaul y mantenimiento de cañones en un amplio abanico de calibres, trabajando bajo licencia y acuerdos industriales con las principales empresas del sector.
Navantia Systems has more than forty years of experience in manufacturing, overhaul and cannon maintenance in a wide range of sizes, working under license and industrial agreements with the main companies in the sector.
Navantia Systems produces all the weapons systems that are installed on ships built by Navantia, which has resulted in the production of a large number of units in recent years.
Navantia Systems has also current agreements for the cofabrication of small-caliber remote weapons, for installation in naval platforms and / or land vehicles, which guarantee the participation in the supply of the remote stations to any client, national or foreign.
Additionally, it collaborates with its technological partners through the manufacture of elements destined to the production of units by the original supplier.
Overhaul is a process that allows to convert a used product, with a reduced useful life, into a assembly:
- Updated with the last existing configuration
- Fulfilling all product specifications, which is guaranteed by factory tests and shooting range
- Extended life
- Price below to a new manufacturing assembly
During the last years, Navantia Systems has completed several overhaul programs for Oto Melara 76 / 62C and Bofors 40L70 for various clients, in naval programs for Spain and other countries.
The excellent training and extensive experience of our personnel allows Navantia to carry out the necessary maintenance work to ensure the proper work of the weapons throughout their useful life, according to the needs of each client:
- Annual reviews of each assembly
- Resolution of problems detected during the revisions
- Preventive maintenance work
- Resolution of incidental failure through assistance to maintenance parts
The extensive experience of the personnel of Navantia Systems allows providing shipyards with effective assistance in the following tasks.
- Definition of installation and testing processes
- Installation on board
- Static and dynamic alignment of weapons and sensors
- Setting to work and port tests
- Assistance during the integration of the combat system
- Integration testing
- Sea tests
- Anchoring, structural and precision shots
Overhaul processes and on-board work provide an excellent environment to develop on-job-training activities aimed at training for the operation and maintenance of on-board systems.